Avviso pubblico per la selezione di un/a speaker lusofono/a professionista per la registrazione di materiale e-learning nell’ambito del progetto “MUDAR – Mozambique Integrated Urban Development by Actions and Relationships: Empowering Local Governance” codice CTR CSO-LA/2021/428-391 – COE CUP C69J21034580006
Il Centro per la Cooperazione Internazionale intende affidare un incarico a un/a speaker nell’ambito del progetto MUDAR, finanziato dall’Unione europea e realizzato dalla Provincia Autonoma di Trento.
Il termine per la presentazione delle candidature è il 22 gennaio 2023, a mezzanotte (Orario di Roma).
I candidati sono invitati a leggere la vacancy con attenzione.
Per eventuali chiarimenti, si prega di inviare una mail all’indirizzo indicato nella vacancy.
Codice di riferimento: UE/MUDAR/Assignment_002_VOICEOVER_MODULE_ZERO
Public notice for the selection of a professional speaker of portuguese to record the voiceover of the e-learning material within the project “MUDAR – Mozambique Integrated Urban Development by Actions and Relationships: Empowering Local Governance” codice CTR CSO-LA/2021/428-391 – COE CUP C69J21034580006
The International Cooperation Centre intends to assign a task to a professional speaker within the framework of the MUDAR project. The project is financed by the European Union and implemented by the Provincia Autonoma di Trento.
The deadline to submit offers is 22 January 2023, at midnight (CET).
Bidders are invited to read the vacancy thoroughly.
For clarifications, please contact us at the address mentioned in the vacancy.
Publication reference: UE/MUDAR/Assignment_002_VOICEOVER_MODULE_ZERO
PUBLIC NOTICE FOR THE SELECTION OF A PROFESSIONAL SPEAKER OF PORTUGUESE TO RECORD THE VOICEOVER OF THE E-LEARNING MATERIAL WITHIN THE PROJECT “MUDAR – MOZAMBIQUE INTEGRATED URBAN DEVELOPMENT BY ACTIONS AND RELATIONSHIPS: EMPOWERING LOCAL GOVERNANCE”
CODE CTR CSO-LA/2021/428-391 – COE CUP C69J21034580006
Publication reference: UE/MUDAR/Assignment_002_VOICEOVER_MODULE_ZERO
CCI – Centro per la Cooperazione Internazionale (International Cooperation Centre), an association with legal personality, established pursuant to art. 9bis of the Provincial Law 4/2005 in order to design and deliver training, capacity building and context analysis in particular on the themes of development cooperation, peace, human rights, European integration and sustainable local development, with registered and operating offices in Trento in vicolo San Marco 1
A public selection procedure is launched with comparative curricular evaluation, test, and interviews, for the assignment of nr. 1 professional, advanced/native Portuguese speaker for the role of VOICEOVER SPEAKER within the MUDAR project, with implementation of tasks mainly remotely (office-based) and/or in Trento, Italy.
The assignment is financed by the European Commission through the project “MUDAR – Mozambique Integrated Urban Development by Actions and Relationships: Empowering Local Governance” project (budget line: 6.3.2 e-learning modules TOT. Technical support in video-making).
MUDAR is a decentralised cooperation project funded by the European Union under the call Europeaid – Local Authorities: Partnerships for sustainable cities 2021″. The project is managed by the Autonomous Province of Trento, in partnership with the Municipality of Beira, the University of Trento, Universidade Zambeze, the Instituto de Formação em Administração Pública e Autárquica and the Centre for International Cooperation.
The project is carried out in the city of Beira, capital of the province of Sofala, one of the largest cities in Mozambique. It aims at strengthening the skills of local government in the definition and implementation of effective public policies and the provision of services to the population.
The implementation of project activities started on May, 1st 2022 and will last 36 months.
The project MUDAR aims to promote integrated urban development and better living conditions in Beira (Overall Objective). In particular, it aims at promoting an integrated urban development and an empowered local governance, in order to improve the living conditions of the population of Beira, Mozambique.
MUDAR will contribute to it by scaling-up the effective territorial partnership between two Local Authorities (LAs) operating in a bilateral cooperation framework: the Provincia autonoma di Trento (PAT) in Italy, and the Conselho Municipal da Beira (CMB) in Mozambique. A strengthened cooperation between PAT and CMB will indeed be instrumental to making Beira more inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable (in line with Sustainable Development Goal nr. 11) as it will foster the development of new, international means to promote more inclusive urban development for the city of Beira (in line with Sustainable Development Goal nr. 17). MUDAR will foster the delivery of efficient services for citizens in a greener, more resilient Beira, thanks to improved capacities of the Conselho Municipal da Beira to apply urban governance methods and principles (outcome 1), adequate urban planning in most underserved neighbourhoods such as Macuti (outcome 2) and support to the digital transition of the Municipality, which will foster job creation (outcome 3).
The project structure is based on three Activities:
- Training: creation of a decentralised continuous learning system for Beira municipality structured around a curriculum based on the Territorial Approach to Local Development (TALD). The trainers of the project partner IFAPA are trained to deliver specific courses to local administrators of the municipality (Training of Trainers);
- Community of practices: establishment of a community of practises in territorial sustainable development between Mozambique municipalities and local/international partners;
- Pilot projects: implementation of a pilot project promoting the environmental development in the Macuti neighbourhood of Beira; promoting the local economic development throughout a start-up programme, and strengthening local public services in the fields of sustainable waste management in Macuti neighbourhood where the local administrators and other stakeholders will apply knowledge and skills on project design and implementation acquired thanks to the capacity building activities.
Within the framework of the project, the International Cooperation Centre is responsible for the Training and capacity building activities; the establishment of the Community of Practice, and Communication activities.
This requires the production of e-learning video lessons, that imply the recording of Portuguese voiceover based on translated materials. The e-learning material is needed to support the implementation of the in-presence training of the staff of the Municipality of Beira through a training of trainers scheme delivered by the partner IFAPA (Instituto de Formação em Administração Pública e Autárquica).
2. Purpose of the assignment
This notice is to select a short-term contract for a professional speaker to record the voiceover of the e-learning material within the MUDAR project.
The purpose of this assignment is to produce high quality and timely voiceover readings in Portuguese for the MUDAR e-learning video lessons and communication materials.
3. Description of the assignment and specific work
The work of the assignees (voiceover artists) is to be seen as part of the training and capacity building activities of the project.
The assignee shall undertake the following tasks:
1. Understanding the content and meaning of the text to be read: Read the script carefully and ask for clarifications in order to understand the text thoroughly or point out any mistakes or inconsistencies in the text.
2. Producing a clear and accurate recording of the video lessons that is not only clearly understandable and well-enunciated in Portuguese, but that is also able to stir interest and empathy in the ear of the listener/learner. Read out loud the script with a crisp, clear, and engaging voice.
3. Record their reading with proper equipment, following the instructions given by the Capacity Building Officer about type of file, length, file naming, etc., and send it to the Capacity Building Officer in a timely manner and orderly way.
4. Observe absolute confidentiality of the information and documents translated.
Expected deliverable: High quality and timely delivery of recording files as requested.
4. Expected workload
The total expected voiceover workload of this assignment is 60 editorial pages. One editorial page is defined as a text of 250 words in the source language before translation into Portuguese. The following table details the composition of the workload.
CCI is not obliged to assign all the expected workload above. As this is an estimation, CCI reserves the right to assign to the selected candidate(s) only a part of the above-estimated pages.
5. Project management
Responsible body: The voiceover speaker will respond to the Training team coordinator & Local development officer at CCI. The voiceover speaker shall be accountable to the Training team coordinator & Local development officer of CCI at all stages of implementation of the assignment.
Management structure: The overall management of the MUDAR project is ensured by the Project Desk Officer of the Autonomous Province of Trento, who is in charge of coordination of the co-applicants; communication and reporting to the EU Commission, coordination among project Work Packages; supervision of activities’ implementation (including distribution of funds, monitoring of expenditure, and financial reporting), as well as compliance of partners and subcontractors with their obligations, the level of engagement of stakeholders and the impact of the proposed activities on the final target groups.
The voiceover speaker can work from home, provided that adequate equipment is available at their premises. The Centro per la Cooperazione Internazionale is available to provide the voiceover speaker with its recording equipment at the premises of the Centro itself, in Trento, Italy. Transportation and lodging costs in order to come to Trento are deemed covered by the fees of the voiceover speaker.
7. Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is the date of signature of the contract by both parties. The voiceover material must be delivered to CCI by 8 February 2023, unless otherwise agreed by both parties.
8.1. Profile of the voiceover speaker
The voiceover speaker should have the following experience and profile. Verifiable documentary proof for all the following requirements and criteria points are mandatory requirements and marks will be awarded on the basis of these verifiable proofs.
• Native/highly proficient Portuguese speaker
• Experience as a voice artist or similar (radio speaker, actor, public reader, etc., including all jobs that require specific public speaking skills such as interpreting, teaching, narrating, etc.), to be highlighted in the candidate’s CV;
• Internet connection and capacity to record and send recording files, availability of recording equipment (microphone, soundproof room, computer, etc) or availability to come to the premises of CCI for recording;
• Capacity to record e-learning texts. A sample recording of a standard text (see point 16 of the present document) will be evaluated on following features:
- Noiseless recording
- Appropriate pronunciation in Portuguese
- Accuracy in following the script
- Teaching mode while recording
9. Logistics arrangements
9.1. Support staff & backstopping
The costs for backstopping and support, as needed, are considered to be included in the voiceover speaker’s fee.
9.2. Office accommodation
Office accommodation for the voiceover artists during the performance of their task are considered to be included in the voiceover artist’s fee.
The voiceover artists will be responsible for the logistics arrangements related to the travel and accommodation and will bear the related costs. The voiceover artists shall ensure that they have sufficient administrative, secretarial and interpreting provision to enable them to concentrate on their primary responsibilities while working. The voiceover artists shall ensure that they are adequately equipped (laptop and IT equipment, etc.).
No equipment is to be purchased on behalf of CCI as part of this assignment or transferred to the CCI at the end of this contract.
9.5. Reporting requirements
No specific reporting requirements are foreseen for this service. The voiceover speaker will submit detailed updates by email on their activities to CCI within one working day from any request for update.
9.6. Submission & approval of reports
The Training team coordinator & Local development officer of CCI is responsible for approving the updates outputs.
10. Monitoring and evaluation
The timeliness and completeness of the above-mentioned deliverable and update requirements is the performance measure chosen to evaluate progress toward the expected outputs.
11. Duration and fee
The assignment referred to in this notice will take effect upon the signature of the contract among the Parties until the completion of the work to the satisfaction of CCI. The assignment can undergo renewal and/or integration, if the Centro per la Cooperazione Internazionale deems a reasonable interest, in accordance with provisions of article 4, above.
The flat-rate and all-inclusive fee is to be defined according to the candidate’s seniority. The rate is intended as a spending limit to be borne by the Centro per la Cooperazione Internazionale (including contributions and ancillary charges).
The assignment will be performed without subordination constraints and without the obligation to respect standard office working hours. The person in charge is expected in any case to ensure the achievement of the agreed working objectives.
12. How to submit your candidature
Applicants must submit the following documentation by the deadline of 22 January 2023, at midnight (date of receipt):
- A short motivation letter (searchable PDF file)
- The candidate’s Curriculum Vitae in English (searchable PDF file), preferably according to the standard Europass model, mentioning the professional and educational qualifications possessed, and testifying the professional capacity and experience gained
- A sample recording of the annexed text (point 16) in MP3 format. Please note that if the file of the sample recording is heavy, the candidate can split it into more files and transfer it via web link (not as attachment). The emails must be received by the set deadline.
- Additional documents (such as references or internet links to works previously done) will be well received too.
Applicants are invited to fill in the requested documents indicating precisely titles and experiences able to meet the indicated criteria.
Applications shall be sent by certified email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by ordinary email with an automatic request of reading receipt to: email@example.com
CCI may, for reasons of administrative efficiency, reject any application that, for any reason beyond CCI’s control, is received after the deadline, if accepting applications that were submitted on time but arrived late would considerably delay the evaluation procedure or jeopardise decisions already taken and notified.
The subject line of the email must be UE/MUDAR/Assignment_002_VOICEOVER followed by the applicant’s surname and name.
For instance: UE/MUDAR/Assignment_002_VOICEOVER_MODULE_ZERO_ROSSI_Mario
Further information about the vacancy can be obtained by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Selection procedure and award criteria
The selection procedure will only be accessed by candidates who meet all the required criteria and whose application will comply with this notice.
The verification of the possession of the requirements and the evaluation of the applications will be carried out by a commission appointed by the CCI Director General, made up of three members, one of which in a Secretary role.
For the comparative evaluation of the curricula, the Commission will have a total score of 50 points and will take into account in particular:
- Working experience in the assignment’s sector and similar activities (20/50);
- Linguistic skill mix (10/50)
- Quality of the sample recording according to the following features: Noiseless recording (5 points), Appropriate pronunciation in Portuguese (5 points), Accuracy in following the script (5 points), Teaching mode while recording (5 points) (total: 20/50).
If it deems it necessary, the Commission may invite candidates for an interview in order to countercheck the experiences or knowledge declared and the attitude to the position in relation to the subject of the assignment. Only applicants gaining a score of at least 30/50 and a score of 16 in the quality of the sample record may be interviewed.
The interview may assign a score up to additional 50 points.
In consideration of the requirements and limitations determined by the measures to deal with the epidemiological emergency from COVID-19, the body reserves the right to conduct the interviews by means of telematic communication systems.
The Centro per la Cooperazione Internazionale reserves the right to:
- grant the assignment even in the presence of only one candidacy, as long as the candidate is suitable,
- grant the assignment to two candidates, if their score is equal and if this allows CCI to have the female/male voice mix,
- Acquire further candidates if the applications received within the deadline set out in this notice are inadequate.
The Centro per la Cooperazione Internazionale will arrange and stipulate the contract with the selected candidate who will be paid the fee provided for in this notice. The assignment will be managed in compliance with the procedures provided for by the Italian reference standards.
The publication of this notice does not bind the Centro per la Cooperazione Internazionale in any way in the assignment of the contract. Until the signing of the assignment, the Centro per la Cooperazione Internazionale may revoke this procedure at its sole discretion without the competitors having any rights whatsoever.
15. General information
This notice, the outcome of the selection and the assignment of the contract will be published on the Centro per la Cooperazione Internazionale website in the homepage. The publication has the value of notification for all legal purposes.
Trento, January 11th 2023
16. Annex: Sample text to be recorded
Bom dia, obrigado por participar neste treinamento.
No dia de hoje, falaremos sobre a Abordagem Territorial ao Desenvolvimento Local, que também chamamos pela sigla “TALD”, usando sua definição em inglês: “Territorial Approach to Local Development”.
Você aprenderá algumas definições-chave e receberá uma estrutura geral sobre o tópico.
Este vídeo será completado por dois temas adicionais, o seja o papel das autoridades locais na promoção do desenvolvimento territorial e a ligação entre a descentralização e o desenvolvimento territorial.
Organizamos esta apresentação em três partes. Na primeira parte, forneceremos uma nova definição sobre o que é o desenvolvimento territorial e a abordagem territorial para o desenvolvimento local em um mundo pós-descentralização, em um mundo que foi descentralizado nas últimas décadas e viu o surgimento das autoridades locais.
Na segunda parte do vídeo, abordaremos como operacionalizar uma abordagem territorial ao desenvolvimento local, quais são as principais características de qualquer programa que queira promover o desenvolvimento territorial através de uma abordagem territorial ao desenvolvimento local.
E na terceira parte vamos nos concentrar nos obstáculos. Quais são os obstáculos à adopção e aplicação de uma abordagem territorial do desenvolvimento local? Veremos que temos dois tipos de obstáculos: questões de capacidade e questões de economia política. Ambos estão interligados.
Vamos começar com algumas definições.